Latest on rumours linking ex-WWE NXT star with controversial return.
WWE has confirmed it has no interest in re-signing Patrick Clark, the former Velveteen Dream, despite rumours that the former NXT star had recently visited the Performance Center. X user @BoozerRasslin claimed on Tuesday that Dream was in therapy, progressing well, and was at the WWE Performance Center last night. WWE higher-ups based in Stamford, CA and Orlando, FL have shot this down via PWInsider's Mike Johnson, stating that Clark has not been at the PC in recent weeks. Clark himself has moved to dismiss the rumours, posting to his Instagram Stories:
I AM NOT IN A REHABILITATION FACILITY NOR HAVE I VISITED ORLANDO FLORIDA - THE WWE PERFORMANCE CENTER -OR ANY WWE EVENTS OR FACILITIES I encourage all wrestling media and platforms to highlight the women and men who put together awesome weekly television! And not waste time publishing and pushing false narratives and fake news about me! I haven't contributed anything to your line of entertainment in YEARS!
Fightful Select, meanwhile, spoke to another WWE higher-up who claimed there was no interest in re-signing Clark. They added that it would take "something very shocking" for Velveteen Dream to re-appear on WWE's roster. Updating its report later on, Fightful stated that WWE had emphatically denied Dream's PC presence.
The outlet also spoke to a dozen PC-adjacent sources directly. One commented:
"I haven’t seen him around and haven’t heard anything from anybody about him being around. I’m sure it’s possible but not from what I’ve seen or heard."
A main roster talent added:
"I don’t think he would get a job back after everything that’s happened. I honestly don’t think it’s true but I’m not there anymore so I don’t know. But I never heard of someone not in the company chillin at the Performance Center unless they were in talks to sign or is signing officially."
WWE released Clark from his contract in May 2021, having previously investigated the 28-year-old for sexual misconduct claims made the previous year.
